Energy Planning and Modelling Research Group
Sermin Onaygil, Prof. Dr.
Abdurrahman Satman, Prof. Dr.
Stephen Lechtenböhmer, Dr.
Antoine Durand Main Research Areas
- Energy balances – optimal system solutions for energy efficiency and renewable energies
- Energy scenarios, monitoring and evaluation of energy related data
- Energy economics and cost/benefit analysis
- Energy efficiency (production, distribution, consumption)
- Carbon emissions at energy production consumption stages.
It is aimed to modeling energy supply-demand-consumption through data and scenario analysis as well as monitoring and evaluation methods in order to lead investment decisions and technology selections.
A project titled “Comparative Evaluation of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Strategies by Energy-Economy-Environment Modeling for Turkey and Germany” is conducted by our group. It utilizes by using demand side modelling approach and common scenario analysis considering energy efficiency and renewable energy strategies. The main purpose is to conduct the modeling for Turkey and compare the results with Germany. Other relevant studies conducted in Turkey are also studied and evaluated.