This laboratory was established with the supports of Baymak Mak. San. ve Tic. A.Ş., Dincer Mak. San. ve Tic. Ltd. Şti. and Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology and made available to use to the Energy Institute.
1. Thermal Response Test System
2. Underground Temperature Measurement System
- Well depths: 20 m
- Number of sensors: 15
- With this system, annual ground temperature changes can be obtained by transferring the data from the sensors placed at certain depths under the ground to the PC.
3. Ground Heat Exchangers Performance Pre Measurement System
- With this system, the COP values of the developed heat pumps can be determined. An accredited heat pump system will be installed in the near future.
4. Ground Heat Exchangers
There are many vertical and horizontal heat exchangers with different characteristics in the garden of Energy Institute. These heat exchangers can be listed as follows:
A. Vertical Ground Heat Exchanger
- Different Depths (50 m, 100 m)
- Different Pipe Diameters ( (25, 32, 40)
- Different Number of U-pipes (1U, 2U and 3U)
- Different Shank Distance (97 mm, 120 mm)
- Different Borehole’s Distances (3 m, 5 m, 7 m and 9 m)
B. Horizontal Heat Exchanger
- Snail/Spiral Type (2 m depth / 100 m length)
- Slinky Type
- Vertical (2 m depth / 100 m length)
- Horizontal (2 m depth / 100 m length)
- Helical Type
- Vertical (1.5 m-4.5 m depth / 40 m length)
- Horizontal (1.5 m depth / 40 m length)